Skip to main content

Archive - Nov 23, 2011 - News Article

Date
Type

Animal shelter suffers fire

November 23, 2011

A fire that razed one of the animal sheds at Colville Valley Animal Sanctuary last week has put the organization in a tenuous situation. Already limited facilities and inclement weather make it difficult to care for the animals housed at the Arden facility. The Nov. 16 fire took out the “puppy shed” that was the only heated facility at the sanctuary. It is suspected that the fire centered around the woodstove used to heat the building. Kennel Manager Nancy Rose said a dog and two cats could not be rescued from the burning structure.

Connect to Statesman Examiner


Connect with us on Facebook
Connect with us on Twitter

Clarkston make-up on Thursday Colville High continues unbeaten this spring. The Indians of coach...
Artzis leads Colville High Gonzaga Prep easily captured the Colville Invitational Golf Tournament...
Justin Collier will lead Bulldogs BY CHRIS COWBROUGH S-E Sports Editor Kettle Falls High (1-1, 2-1...

 

Premium Drupal Themes by Adaptivethemes